Lunar New Year Recipe: Peanut Cookies with Butterfinger
- 3 ½ cups ground roasted peanuts
- ½ cup crushed Butterfinger, plus more for topping after baking
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk (for egg wash)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine ground peanuts, crushed Butterfinger, sugar, salt, oil, shortening, and flour together very well.
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, portion out 1 ½ tablespoon dough, roll into a balls, place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- With your fingertip, make small shallow dents on top of each cookie, then bake for about 20 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool completely, then top with more crushed Butterfinger and enjoy!