Yields: 1 – 10” Bundt
- For Double Fudge Bundt Cake:
- 1 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder, Dutch process
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Butterfinger Baking Bits, lightly coated in flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- For Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Butter, soft
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. Espresso instant coffee powder, Medaglia D’Oro brand
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 4 oz. Dark chocolate chips melted and warm
- For Topping:
- 1 cup Whipped heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- 1 cup Butterfinger Baking Bits
- 4 tbsp. Chocolate dessert syrup
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray 1- 10” Bundt Cake pan with food release spray.
- In one bowl, blend cocoa powder and 1 1/2 cups boiling water and stir until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Butterfinger® in a large bowl.
- In a mixer, add the eggs, butter, heavy cream, vanilla, and whip on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Add the cocoa mixture and mix until smooth.
- Reduce the mix- er speed to low, and slowly add the flour mixture until just combined, but no lumps remain.
- Fill the Bundt Cake pan 3⁄4 full. Tap the pan against the counter to remove air bubbles. Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Place pan on a rack until it is cool to the touch. Then run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn cake onto the rack to cool completely.
- In a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, espresso powder and vanilla until smooth.
- Stop the mixer and slowly add the melted chocolate and chocolate syrup. Mix again until a smooth and shiny glaze forms.
- In another mixer, combine the heavy cream with powdered sugar and whip until soft peaks form.
- With a piping bag and tip, fill the center of the Bundt cake with whipped cream.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the Bundt cake and apply the Butterfinger Baking Bits.
- Drizzle with the remaining chocolate sauce. Lightly dust with powdered sugar and slice into portions.