- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup Butterfinger Bits
- 2 eggs
- Neutral frying oil (such as canola oil or grapeseed oil)
- 10 oz Dark Chocolate
How to make it
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, gently whisk together milk, water, sugar, and butter until butter melts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add vanilla extract and flour.
- Fold together until a dough forms and there are no more patches of flour in the dough.
- Remove from heat. Set aside and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once dough has cooled, add to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whisk in each egg, one at a time at medium low speed. Dough may temporarily break apart but will come back together. Once the second egg is fully incorporated into dough, fold in 1/2 c
- Heat oil in a large pot, filling the pot with at least 3-4 inches of oil. Oil temperature should be around 340-360 degrees F.
- Add dough to a piping bag with desired piping tip, recommended 1/1” star tip, but any will do.
- Pipe dough into the oil, cutting each churro at desired length.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oil and set aside on a cooling rack or paper towel.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions. Dip churros into chocolate and cover with remaining Butterfinger Bits.