- Peanut Butter Cookie:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Butterfinger Bits
- Chocolate Ganache Topping:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Butterfinger Bits
- Fall-colored sprinkle blend
How to make it
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until lighter in color (about 1 min).
- Add the egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, and mix until combined. Slowly add the flour, mixing just until the dough just comes together. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Gently mix in the Butterfinger Bits until they’re evenly distributed.
- Grease and line a 9-inch round cake. Press the dough into the pan to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 175 C and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Cool completely before decorating.
- Make the ganache topping next. Place the chocolate chips in one bowl, and the white chocolate chips in a separate bowl. Heat up the heavy cream in the microwave for 20 seconds, or until steaming.
- Pour 3 Tbsp of heavy cream into the white chocolate, and the rest into the milk chocolate. Let them sit for a minute, then stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate ganache onto the top of the cookie cake and spread into an even layer
- Pour white chocolate into a piping bag or Ziplock baggie to create the spiderweb swirl
- Using a toothpick, pull from the center of the cookie cake outwards to create a spiderweb look
- Top the cake with Butterfinger Bits and sprinkles