Yields 8-12 servings
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup Butterfinger Bits or crushed Butterfinger bars
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and Butterfinger Bits. Set aside.
- Create a double-boiler by filing a saucepan with a few inches of water. Place a bowl atop of it and add in the chocolate chips.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir intermittently until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat and pour in the peanut butter and salt. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the Butterfinger Bits and cereal. Toss it until everything is thoroughly coated in the chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
- In a freezer bag, add the powdered sugar. Add the chocolate coated cereal to the bag and shake until it’s all evenly coated in the powdered sugar. Transfer to a baking sheet that is lined with a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread it out in an even layer and allow to dry and set, about 1 hour. Transfer to an airtight container OR to a serving bowl.