Yields: 12 bars
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup Butterfinger Bits, divided or crushed Butterfinger bars
- 3.5 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup Butterscotch morsels
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
How to make it
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the light corn syrup and granulated sugar over medium heat. (Larger size because we’ll add the crispy rice cereal in the next step.) Stirring occasionally, bring to a gentle simmer.
- Allow to simmer (not boil) for 1 minute without stirring. After 1 minute of simmering, remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until combined, then stir in the crispy rice cereal and ¾ cup (105 grams) of the Butterfinger Bits or crushed Butterfinger bars until it’s all completely coated.
- Using a rubber spatula lightly coated in nonstick cooking spray, transfer and spread the mixture to fit the pan. Very gently press the mixture down into an even layer.
- (Don’t pack it in too tightly, otherwise they’ll end up dense and difficult to bite through!)
- In a small saucepan, combine the chopped chocolate, butterscotch morsels, and butter and melt over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until it’s melted together; mixture will be thick. Spread evenly over bars.
- Top with remaining Butterfinger Bits or crushed Butterfinger bars.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 2 days. Lift the scotcheroos as a whole out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into squares.