Enjoy the sweeter side of life with this playful recipe for Caramel Candied Apples.
- 6 lollipop or wooden craft sticks
- 6 tart apples, washed, dried and stems removed
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- BUTTERFINGER® Baking Bits
How to make it
- LINE tray or baking sheet with wax paper. Insert 1 stick into stem end of each apple.
- MICROWAVE caramels and water in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 2 minutes; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- DIP each apple in melted caramel; scrape excess caramel from bottoms. Quickly roll bottom half of apples in Butterfinger Baking Bits, then place on prepared tray.
- REFRIGERATE for 45 minutes or until set. Store apples in refrigerator in airtight container. Apples are best if they are served the same day as they are prepared.
- NOTE: If caramel becomes firm, return to microwave oven for 20 to 30 seconds or until dipping consistency.
- Helpful Tip: Try cutting the apples into slices and sharing with friends.