- Crust and topping
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashion oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Butterfinger Bits or crushed Butterfinger bars
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
How to make it
- To make the crust and topping: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-by-13-inch cake pan with foil with a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Lightly grease pan with softened butter.
- Pulse flour, oats, both sugar and salt in a food processor with the blade attachment to mix. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse sand. Mix in Butterfinger Bits or crushed Butterfinger Bars and pecans. Split dough in half.
- Scrape in one half of mixture into prepared pan and spread in an even layer. With remaining half, squeeze it with your hands to create large crumbles and spread onto baking sheet.
- Place both pans in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- In the meantime, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high in 30-second bursts, stirring in between each burst, until mixture is melted and fully combined.
- To assemble: Pour chocolate mixture over the crust and sprinkle the streusel on the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, or until set. Time will vary according to refrigerator setting and how full refrigerator is.